Thursday, September 18, 2008

And baby makes four...


Today, we had our first appointment with Dr. Moffett. I'm so glad to have that over. Everything was great!! As most of you probably know, I have been to a "first appointment" where the doctor doesn't even have to say anything...you know that you are going to miscarry. The devil loves to bring back those vivid memories. Although I know that God has a plan for every little thing in my life, I still couldn't help but to have those little thoughts in the back of my mine. One morning this week while I was getting ready for work, the Lord quickly reminded me that he was in control and to let go..........and so I did.

The baby looks great. I'm posting a picture of my new little precious because I'm so proud of it. She is measuring right on target with a due date of April 28. Before we even started, Dr. Moffett looked at my file and asked me, "did you really have a 9 lb. 5 oz. baby?" (Dr. Wood delivered Drew) I said, "yes, I did." He said he wouldn't do that to me again. He said he would send me right across the street (LRMC) for an induction at 38 weeks. He said it was no fun for him delivering that big of a baby and it wasn't good for me or the baby. I told him I had no problems and had an awesome delivery with Drew. No pain whatsoever. He still insisted on inducing at 38 weeks. That will make delivery around the middle of April if all goes as planned. I totally forgot during my appointment, but they discovered Drew had torticolis a few weeks after he was born. Basically, that is when the baby is crammed in a position in the womb and they lose muscle strength on one side of their neck because of not being able to move the head freely. He had to go to therapy for several months. I will have to tell him that next time.

Until next time........

10 comments:

Jill said...

Wahoo.....another little one to love. You guys are fabulous and fun parents. Drew is going to tell on you two when that funny gibberish turns into words...I crack up laughing when he is reading the choo-choo book with me. He gets going, and wants me to known something and I do not know what it is...oh, he tries not to lose his patience with me...maybe I will get it soon.

Hannah said...

So sweet to see that little one! I noticed you referred to it as a "she". Hmmm...do you think?? I hope so! I would love to see you with a girl! You have been great with Addie and know you would be even better with your own!

Relax, I know I should listen to myself, but it is going to be fine! So excited that we are pregos together! Just like we always said we would do!! Can't wait to eat a really fattening meal together, just becuase we can!!!LOL

Love you all so much.
H

Jeanne said...

Jennifer, all I can think of when I read this is "God knit me together in my mother's womb! He created me in the inmost being. His eyes saw my unformed body and he ordained all my days before one of them came to be." He is working inside of you right now to form a healthy beautiful baby! He already did such a fine job on your Drewser!!! I'm believing for lots and lots of days! The ones where your grown kids will be bringing their little kids to your house for family dinner! :) I do hope you can rest in His sweet embrace girl. He's holding you and your precious one.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I am so glad to hear your first appointment went well. You were in my thoughts today! I can't wait to meet this sweet little baby growing in your belly!

Anonymous said...

Maybe me and this little one will have the same birthday! April 15th! I am so proud of you Jen, you have such a sweet and gentle spirit about you! Drew is going to love his little sister or brother!
Looking forward to our shopping trip this weekend!
Love you,
Mom

Leslie said...

Raleigh wants to know, "What's that?" We can't wait to have one more little one around the family dinner table. Mom and Dad are going to have to add on. Maybe if it is a girl, we won't be outnumbered so badly! Looking forward to Saturday.
Love you

Deborah said...

I had no idea Drew had therapy as a baby...this is why I love this blogging thing...I feel like I'm getting to know people so much better....way better than in high school! Drew seems to have turned out just perfect so no worries with this pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Brad & Drew!
Just catching up on your blog. Congrats on the new one. Remember the name "Emerson"....or my favorite for a boy "Max Tucker"!!!

Love the stories of your first day of school!

Brenda Sims

Christy said...

Hey Jennifer!
Thanks for the sweet comment...I know times flies!!! Congratulations on your new little one coming and your little boy is so adorable, and I love your blog too!
BTW I dont know how far you read on my blog, but the one about helping when someone is in need, the 100.00 came from your mom that year, I dont know if you remember that, but I do and I have never forgotten how much it meant to me!
Talk to you soon!
Christy

lori said...

congrats, and you said "she" oh you would be so fun with a girl.