Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stopping to take a breath!

Well, we've been very busy lately as you can tell from very little posts lately. I've been settling into the school year and getting things in order. The beginning of the year will always be crazy, but I'm promising Brad (and myself) I will settle into a routine with it in the next week or two.

We had a busy weekend. We were home just enough to eat and sleep......literally. Saturday was the Gator game. It was fun. Some of the people we go with had 2 extra tickets at the last minute so I made a quick phone call to Les to see if she or Bryan wanted to take Raleigh. After much convincing, Leslie decided to bring Raleigh and meet us. I'm so glad she did and she was too. Raleigh did great. Well, I could go on and on, but I won't spoil her post. She has some cute pictures to share and stories to tell of our day. Sunday, we went to Blizzard Beach again. Brad & I had fun just watching Drew enjoy himself. He even went on a bigger kid slide with his own intertube. I was so nervous. I was getting into the "pool" where the lifeguard stands. The lifeguard had to tell me to step back and he would grab him. :-) That is the "hovering" Mom coming out again. It was so cute seeing him come around the corner of the slide. Aferwards, I had big plans of Brad taking me to the mall. I haven't been in a while and really was looking forward to it. After a prior stop, I told Brad I think we can skip the mall. I was so tired! I have to remind myself sometimes that "oh, yeah...I'm pregnant." I was talking to Mom while Brad made another stop at Golfsmith. She said, "Jen, aren't you tired baby?....you really need to rest some". But, then she said ....."I know... you don't rest much". This is very true. I came home and crashed with Drew as we cuddled in our bed. :-) To top off our weekend, Monday was a yummy BBQ at Leslie's.

That was our Labor Day weekend! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Girl- don't over due it!! You gotta rest and take care of that little grain of rice in there! I am sure you all had a wonderful time! I wondered why I had not heard from you this weekend, and now I know why!!

Love you guys and I am glad you feel good enough to keep up!!

Jeanne said...

You just go and go and go! I'm glad you guys are building so many precious memories!! Keep taking care of yourself and tell me as soon as you know what that baby is.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I'm glad ya'll had a fun Labor Day weekend! It sounds like Drew loved Blizzard Beach as much as Connor!