Friday, February 27, 2009

Family Day

Trying to lure a squirrel to us.


Playing the steel drums!
The Shamu Express!


School was out today because of the Sumter County Fair! Yippee!! Not because of the fair, but just for a long weekend. After dragging around this morning, we decided to take Drew back to Sea World for the afternoon and then run some errands. I get a free annual pass for being a teacher so all we have to do is buy Brad one which makes it nice. Drew loves to go. Like I said we got a late start, but managed to hit up a few things. We visited the dolphin, sea lions, and penguins. The penguins are a must for Drew! Then Drew and Brad went on the Shamu Express roller coaster. It looked pretty harmless, but after Brad & Drew got in line for it, I sat there and watched and realized it might be a little scary for Drew. Brad said he was excited on the the way up the little hill, but as it went down he got a little scared. He was quite when they got off the ride. I hope he isn't going to be like his Mom and be a chicken. I hate roller coasters. I want to love them so bad, but I get myself worked up way too much for it to be fun. Anyway, we had fun. The day was beautiful and the sun shining. I actually think I may have picked up a few rays today. I need sun desperately!!!

Afterwards, we hit up the Mexican restaurant I blogged about a few times ago. Cantina Laredo. I had been thinking about it all day, but I decided to venture out and get something besides fajitas. BAD IDEA!!! I got some spinach & chicken enchilada. Don't get me wrong it was good, but I am a FAJITA girl!! I guess I must have been looking a bit disappointed. Brad asked me why I tried to venture out. :-) I guess he knows me, huh?

We were going to watch LOST tonight, but I couldn't talk Drew into cuddling on the couch. He went to the refrigerator brought me the milk and a cup. I poured him his milk and headed for the couch. He started getting upset and saying "CUD". That is short for cuddle! Then he started pushing me towards our bed. I guess he had other plans in mind. So now we are cuddling and blogging! :-)

Please say a prayer for my grandma. She is in the hospital. They admitted her late this afternoon. This past Monday they gave her a larger dose of chemo to try and Thursday she started going down hill from it. She is extremely exhausted and sick from it all. Hopefully she will be back home and feeling better in a few days. We love you Grandma (Gigi)!

6 comments:

halograce said...

Sea World sounds great Jen!! Glad you all enjoyed such a nice day together!!

My prayers for Mary, God bless her.

Love and prayers to you all,
Robin/Halo.

Jeanne said...

Sea World looks so fun! Jake really misses it. Anytime he sees the stroller he says, "Jake Jake wanna go Sea Werd, Mama!" We need to get passes again. It's perfect for our kids! You're looking radiant girl! That picture of you and Drew is great! I'll keep lifting your family up...I'm sorry it's so hard right now!

Jill said...

That boy just does something to me... did you hear we went searching for a snake in Ga's yard the other day? He was so darn funny! You are such a great momma. Cameron is going to just fit right in... I can hear Drew now while pulling a finger to drag anyone along to view his baby. Hang in there.

Leslie said...

Looks like fun. I could use one of those days! I also hope that Drew is not a scaredy cat like his momma. Hotchie wants to ride rollercoasters with him when he gets older!

Tracy said...

I am right there with you about the rollercoasters, I am way to chicken to even try one, Thunder Mountain at Disney is my limit and that is after alot of coaxing.
We are praying for your family, we put them on our Sunday school prayer list this past Sunday.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I sure do love me some Sea World, seeing your blog makes me miss it! I can't believe Drew is so brave!