Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was a wonderful day! It was a little crazy at school with Valentine's in the air, but the kids had a good party and enjoyed exchanging their Valentine's. My cookie cake was a hit, so much so there wasn't any to give to Brad when he got there. I just couldn't tell them no when they asked for more. (I will have to make Brad another one tomorrow night.) Anyway, with all of the FCAT prep going on, we were able to spare a few minutes and make cute bags for them to take home all of their goodies. As they were exchanging their cards, I sat on my table watching their faces. They were so excited to exchange these silly little cards. I could tell by the faces of some when one card meant a little more than another (girl/boy). I kind of laughed and remembered those days. It really seems like it was yesterday. Brad surprised me and showed up with Drew during the party. Drew came bearing flowers and a big smile. They all love Drew, but it was the first time any of my kids have met Brad. I think a couple of the girls were smitten with Brad. It was funny! They got all giddy and asked why he hasn't come in before. I'm sure I'll have future request. :-)

Then, it was off to my doctor's appointment. Everything looked super. Cameron heard my plea's and flipped head down. I was sure that he had based on all of the movement. I forgot what all the movement felt like towards the end. The kicks no longer are gentle, they are like earthquakes in your stomach. :-) He likes to keep Mommy up at night with all of his exercise. I love it though. I am trying to savor every moment since this will be the last. We were able to see his face really good today. I was really wishing she would switch it to 4D. He was going to town chewing or sucking on something. Drew got all excited when he saw the "baby" on the screen. When we got back in the car he kept saying, "Cameron, Cameron." I then figured out what he was talking about. Hee was pointing at the picture I had of Cameron and he wanted to hold it. Isn't that sweet? He is going to be a great big brother.

To make my day even sweeter, my boys & I went to a great Mexican restaurant. It is called Cantino Laredo. We went to one in West Palm over the summer and it was fabulous. They just opened one in Wesley Chapel and one in Orlando. It is "gourmet mexican." Lots of unusual dishes and some traditional ones as well. They make guacamole at your table. That is the best part! Drew loves guacamole almost as much as Brad & I. I was going to try something new, but their steak fajitas are awesome. Not your typical fajitas. No processed, chopped meat here. The meat just melts in your mouth like a filet. It reminds us of our favorite restaurant in Las Vegas. Anyway, if you are ever down that way it is a must. It is right at the new outdoor mall which was nice also!

Thank you so much, Brad, Drew, & Cameron, for a wonderful afternoon/evening. Happy Valentine's Day to the best 3 boys on the planet! I love you beyond words!

6 comments:

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Sounds like the party was a blast and the gift was Brad--ha. It cracks me up to watch little girls be giddy. Abbie has a crush, but for her protection I shall not tell. I'm glad Cameron is obeying already.

Jennifer said...

Wow...I can't believe you are almost 30 weeks! It has gone by so quickly to me, I'm sure it has for you too. Well I go back to the doc Monday, this time to see Moffitt. I hope he can give me a definite answer about the sex our baby!

Brad is so awesome, and that's precious that he visited with Drew...what a great day all together for you :)

Jeanne said...

Jennifer, I SO SO remember those Valentines meaning "a little more". I'd always read into the ones from Robbie...hoping I could really be his valentine! It's amazing how a tiny ten cent card can affect your whole world. Man that takes me back and I can't even believe how many years ago that was.....20-25 or so? Is that right? I'm glad Cameron did his thang and got into position! He's already a good boy!

Leslie said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try the Mexicano delight! Sorry I called in the middle of your party. I wish I could have seen Brad's face with all those little kids. I'm sure he thought it was interesting.

Anonymous said...

I can just little Drew walking in with that big smile and the flowers for his Mommy! Brad is a good dad! We will have to all go back there and eat soon and check out the new shopping place there also! I also remember Valentines day and reading all the cards especially from the little fellows that I had crushes on! Now that was a long time ago!
Love you,
Mom

lori said...

I loved reading about your day. Ethan and Elissa were so funny with their cards from all there friends, I think Elissa is still holding one from a certian boy.

And yes Drew is going to be a great big brother