Saturday, July 12, 2008

DMB - West Palm Beach

Drew was glad to see us!!!







Well, so sad to say that another DMB summer tour is up for us. Only two shows this summer for us. :-( Brad has cost us quite a bit of money. If Brad would have never tried to buy me Hootie & the Blowfish tickets when we were dating (and end up with 2nd row DMB tickets by mistake) we would have probably never gone to a DMB show. (I had no idea who DMB was and neither did he, but I put on a smile and went anyway.) No.....it is lots of fun and we were talking about all the places in the country we have been able to see just by going to see the band in some new place each year. We can't wait until Drew is old enough to go. There are lots of kids there playing on the lawn.




The show was great. I don't think I have ever been so hot in my life. Like a crazy woman, I wore jeans. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I needed my bathing suit. Wished we had better tickets for tonight's (Saturday) show and could have stayed for the 2nd night in WPB, but we had to get home to that Drewster. Momma and Daddy missed him. Les, I posted "So Dang Lucky" as my 2nd song. You have to listen to the whole thing. It was crazy with the whole band playing it. That's Tim Reynolds on the guitar. By far the best song for me. You would have loved it!! Be sure to check the DMB schedule before you plan your vacation next year and start saving for the Ritz. ha ha




I guess I have to tell this story............Last night we met this couple behind us at the show. They were about our age maybe a little older with kids. They informed us that they spent the entire day by the pool with the band and their families at the Ritz Carlton. What?? Yes, he even had pictures to show. His wife with Dave, etc. He said their kids even played together. They invited us to come spend the day with them by the pool today. Well, bummer, because we had to get home this morning. They invited us to come down last night after the show. He had information that Dave was playing a small acoustic set at the hotel. Also, the band usually hangs out in the lobby/bar area he said. So, Brad & I felt like being a little adventerous and decided what the heck. So here we are driving down I-95, thinking this was so not like us. What were we thinking? Anyway, you can't just park at the Ritz, you have to valet your car. So, we pulled up and the valet guy didn't want to let us in unless we were guests (security was tight), but we gave him the couples names we were meeting and a tip and he said OK. To sum this long story up, we never saw Dave, but did see one of the band members hanging out. Obviously, no private set, but it was nice and we were glad we did it. We were exhausted and decided to head back to our hotel. Next year..............it's the Ritz Carlton. We will start saving now. :-)


Thanks, pup, for a great weekend!






3 comments:

Hannah said...

You all are so adventureous! If I knew Dave was staying at the Ritz, I could have hooked you all up! I am sure Andrew knows someone there!! We will have to remember that for next year!

Anonymous said...

The songs rock! I am so sad I missed it. At least this time, not being prego's, I wouldn't have to hold my breath the whole time :) I will definetly be joining you next year. Ritz, here we come...
love you

Jeanne said...

Drew looks so darn cute in that picture! Did he even want to leave his Ya-ya??? I'm so impressed with the adventurous side of the Russ's! :)