Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baby Bump Update

I just wanted to post an update about Cameron's delivery. On Thursday, I was still 1 cm and around 50% effaced. Dr. Moffett said he would like for me to thin out a bit more before he induces so I wouldn't have a long labor. However, when he felt my stomach I believe he said something like, "Man, he has some loins on him". Then, he did my ultrasound and we heard some more funny remarks. I was the last patient of the day and had to wait a long time for the ultrasound room so he really took his time. After actually seeing how big he was, he decided he was going to do "whatever it took" to get him here at 38 weeks. My boy has some cheeks on him! I asked Dr. Moffett if I was seeing that right and he said, "Yes, looks like he is definitely going to be a full figured little boy." :-) He said he was already plumping up and taking puffs with his lungs. It was neat because we watched him take puffs on the ultrasound. I don't remember seeing that with Drew. Anyway, we are supposed to look at dates Thursday when I go. Mom's birthday is that week (Wednesday) so we are hoping for April 15th. Yes, I know it is tax day too. Who would have ever thought I would possibly have a baby on tax day? That would have been a big NO NO a few years ago! I am so excited about Cameron's arrival, but am going to enjoy every moment of these next 2 weeks. I love being pregnant and will definitely miss my belly.

Funny story about my big belly....we took our 3rd graders to Silver Springs on Friday. I decided to get on the Jeep Ride. BAD IDEA! It was very bumpy. I ended up bracing myself (most of the time) on my elbows. My kids were more interested in my bouncing belly than the animals and surroundings. Then on the glass bottom boat, some of my kids were debating whether or not if I fell in the water if I would sink or swim. 9 year olds!! :-) They are funny. Friday was probably my last day with them. This week I have various trainings all week and will be out of the classroom. I have a few that are having separation anxiety and I'm sure I will have some of it too. I already miss those little buggers. I will be looking forward to joining them again the last week of school.

I also enjoyed a good day off with Mom. Mom, Drew, & I went to Orlando shopping a bit today. We usually always go shopping for our birthdays so we went early for Mom's since more than likely we will be in the hospital then. I got a few last minute things I needed for Cameron and Drew's Easter stuff. Mom bought Cameron the sweetest "coming home" outfit. I can't wait to see him in it. Oh did I mentioned that we had the best cheesecake ever today? We had a piece of the Chocolate Coconut Creme Cheesecake. We both agreed it was the best one ever. Drew enjoyed the whipped cream. He will not eat chocolate other than tootsie rolls. I wish I could say he got that from his Momma!

7 comments:

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Oh, boy......I will be praying for Cameron and for his mommy to have a peaceful delivery. Sounds like he'll be big enough to play gator football at birth-ha.

Leslie said...

Can't wait to see him enter the world. I can't imagine he weighing more that Drew, but I guess, well see...

The Cannon Chronicles said...

How exciting!! I've never seen any of my babies in utero take puffs with their lungs, that sounds neat! We can't wait to meet the little guy, or shall I say big boy!

Jeanne said...

Plump, in the womb, wow! My barely 6 pounders just couldn't contend with Cameron! :0) I know you'll enjoy these last few weeks! Pretty soon you'll be holding that plump piece of heaven!

Deborah said...

you grow 'em big huh??? wow...hope it all goes well and you have an easy going delivery. You're doing pretty good to not be totally miserable by this point! I know I was. :) can't wait to see pics of him!

Hannah said...

I can't wait! I pray your birth with Cameron goes as smooth as yours did with Drew! Ride that caddy girl!! Tax day would be awesome! That is God's way of saying you are right where you need to be right now!
love you!

halograce said...

Wishing and praying for you a speedy quick, easy delivery!!! God bless little Cameron!! Love and prayers, Robin/Halo.