Cameron is finally here. He arrived today, at 9:20 am exactly 12 hours after my water broke. He is so, so sweet and I already can't get enough of him. Well, I must say it was a long 12 hours and the labor was the complete opposite of Drew's. Cameron has his agenda on how he was to arrive. First, the hospital was slammed so we had to wait a little while for a room and the epidural. The epidural injection set-up wasn't a pleasant experience. I got the "shock" feeling in my left side. They say not to jump because the needle is in you, but how do you refrain when you are feeling a shock through your body? My blood pressure then dropped way down from the epidural and they had to give me a shot of ephedrine (I think that was what I was told). It kicked it pretty quick and I started feeling better. My contractions went from 5 minutes apart to about 20 minutes so they had to start the petocin. Cameron didn't like petocin. :-( His heartbeat kept bottoming out and alarming everyone. So they kept it at a 4 on a scale of 1 to 20. It was a slow process, but by about 7:30am they determined I was ready to push. This is when the fun started! Cameron was in the LOP position, which means he was head down, but facing my left side. Dr. Helms worked hard at trying to get him to turn. A little after a hour of pushing and nothing happening with his position, he decided we had to get game plan. He was so great through all of this and I was so impressed! He said we would pull out the vacuum and get him at least OP (sunnyside up). They of course are supposed to be head down. If that didn't work, it was time to go to the OR. I freaked when I heard that word! So with a lot of prayers, screams, moans, and pushing I got Cameron out without the OR or a vacuum. I don't know how I did it. It was God that's all I can say. I was so concentrated on getting him out that I didn't notice the 7 nurses Dr. Helms summoned in to try to get Cameron out. He was so great and helped keep me calm and focused.
I can't believe he weighed only 8lbs 3 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. Everyone was so surprised considering the difficult time I had getting him out. He is just perfect and I can't quit looking at him. Drew is so excited to be a big brother. He was here as soon as he was born and came back, then Mom brought him back tonight after a 4 hour nap! It is so hard to stay in the hospital when you have one at home. I miss him terribly and can't wait until we are all home together Monday.
Hope you enjoy the pictures!
I can't believe he weighed only 8lbs 3 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. Everyone was so surprised considering the difficult time I had getting him out. He is just perfect and I can't quit looking at him. Drew is so excited to be a big brother. He was here as soon as he was born and came back, then Mom brought him back tonight after a 4 hour nap! It is so hard to stay in the hospital when you have one at home. I miss him terribly and can't wait until we are all home together Monday.
Hope you enjoy the pictures!



12 comments:
So glad sweet Cameron is here! I was go glad that I was at the hosptial when he arrived. We have now been at all of each others chidren's births.(well, at least we were in the same building!!)I love you so much and I am just so blessed to have you as a friend! you are going to be a great mom of two boys!
Congrats....we were so glad to hear Cameron is here and Drew is in love with him....so sad to hear about the hard delivery....you are a trooper. That momma lion came roaring out...The girls were so excited when I told them last night you were headed to the hospital, Olivia had to know again..."Does it hurt to have a baby?" I told her yes, but it is worth it.
Yippee, he's here! I'm so glad he is healthy & happy! Sounds like an intense labor, Dr. Helms rocks!
Congrats!!! God bless you all Jen!!!
Love and prayers, Robin/Halo.
What a sweeeeeeetttt picture of Drew and Cameron! You are so right, Drew is already a wonderful big brother. I'm so sorry to hear about the way hard delivery, but you did it! You go Jen! I know you're ready to be home getting all that love from all those boys :) Love you!
I am exited about Herbert Ninenger! I can't wait to see him! Uncle Brad sent Daddy a picture of him, and it was so cute. Drew came to jump on the trampoline, and I asked him about Cameron, and he said his name, and said baby. Can't wait 'till Monday!
What a story!! I am really glad it all turned out well. Guess Cameron's birth had to be more adventurous compared to his brother's. In my experience, the second child can be quite different!!! He is really cute and I'm so happy for you and Brad. Isn't it amazing how you can love another baby just as much as your first??? I remember thinking that after Meagan was born and then of course with Hunter. I know it's kind of corny, but it's true that your love is not divided, but multiplied!!
Wow! He is finally here! This makes me anticipate the arrival of Wes so much!!! I am so happy for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so handsome!!!
Congrats to you all! He is such a cutie & looks very much like Drew! My sister-in-law is a nurse in labor & delivery & she said it was a wild weekend over there. I had the vacuum with Mason too. So glad it all worked out in the end!
I'm so glad Cameron is here. Jeff and Brad have some interesting text going on--cracking me up. I think you and I could compare stories on delivery. Abbie and Cameron sound very similar. Down to the OR part. It's amazing how the Lord puts a fight in us!! Can't wait to see him in real life.
yay! congrats to you all!!!
He's adorable Jennifer, Congratulations!
Post a Comment