Well, the first day of teaching third graders is over. I think it will be great. I have a good bunch of kids this year (so far so good). Some real sweeties. One little boy brought me an apple this morning. So sweet. I could have eaten him up. They got a chuckle when I started reading Sideways Stories and the teacher turned her students into apples when they did something wrong. Now, we have a hurricane day....so Wednesday will sort of be like a first day again for them with the break.
I have some cute stories from the day I thought I'd share. First, one of my little girls started crying. I looked over and asked her what was wrong and she said she got her hand stuck under some books in her desk. I looked and it and saw that it was OK. So I told her to go run it under some cold water. One of my little boys offered this suggestion...."Why don't you just ask Jesus to make it feel better?" Melt my heart! Another cute one....I was calling them up at the end of the day to get their planners. I called one little girl up. Cute as can be and you can tell just by looking at her that she takes great pride in what she wears and that her hair is perfect. (A girl after my own heart.) Anyway, I reminded her that we had no school tomorrow. She said she was so sad. I asked her why and told her she had a whole day off to do what she wanted. She said that she already had her outfit picked out for tomorrow. I wispered that I did too. She got a big smile on her face. I told her that we could wear those outfits on Wednesday. She said OK. Then, she said....well I guess another day won't hurt because I really didn't know what shoes I was going to wear with the outfit. :-) How adorable is that??? 8 years old. I'd swear she was MY daughter. I think we'll get along just fine.
Here is to a great year!!
Download Mio Al 99 By Sally Thorne Pdf Ebook
5 years ago



2 comments:
So glad that you had a great first day! Your kids sound absolutely sweet!! Enjoy your day off!
I am so proud of you! Those kids are going to love you. I am so glad that you are a teacher now. It is so much more rewarding than working numbers all day. Be stern, be consistent, be fun. That is the key. Can't wait to meet them.
Love you
Post a Comment