



Tonight we went up to Brad's grandparents' house for dinner. While we were waiting for Ga to fry the shrimp (yum yum), Drew decided he was going to take the wooden toddler chair and drag it from the living room into the kitchen where Ga was. I wondered what was going through his little mind. I had a clear view in the living room so I just sat there and watched. He stopped about half way to the kitchen as if he was thinking. He then finished dragging the chair to the kitchen sink and turned on the water. He got a big grin and giggled. I think Ga & Papa got a bigger thrill out of it though. He just sat there and tried to wash dishes. He kept moving bowls from each side of the sink. It was really cute. I guess he has been taking note of all of the dishes Mommy (& Daddy) wash.
I love the first picture. It is one of Drew & Daddy passed out tonight in Brad's chair while Mommy does some accounting work (and blogs too)! Poor baby was so tired from all of those dishes.



7 comments:
That Daddy and Drew picture is so sweet! I can't beleive Drew fell asleep like that! All that dish washing leaves an almost 2 year old pretty tired! :)
Another little helper in the kitchen. You loved dragging a chair up and washing dishes! It is so much fun watching these boys grow up and finding new adventures each day.
YaYa
Hey Jen,
Drew is a busy boy!
Any ideas for the name for the new little fellow??
Helping makes a child feel wanted, needed and important. Sometimes, I know it takes patience on the part of the Parent/Grandparent, to allow (helping), but it is worth the effort.
I have a little broom and mop, and often have help doing those chores............. LOL Makes for a bit more cleanup, but also makes for wonderful memories.
Love and prayers,
Robin/Halo.
awww, what a sweet boy! Hope he keeps that helping attitude up when the new baby arrives!
Wow, Jen! You are really looking pregos. When did that happen? Drew can come and wash my dishes anytime. Looking forward to Disney, see you Saturday!
That Drewster, he just is a hoot! Last week he went running into Ga's hollering "GA!" when we were out for a walk and came out holding a tootsie roll...hmmm... I can see why he left me high and dry. He is a bright spot in my busy Wednesday. Looking good lady!
He is so cute and lets hope he keeps wanting to help with the dishes when he gets older...Brant wants no part in that now that he is older.
Post a Comment